1. Share your personal story and ask your elected official that they support any proposed dyslexia bills. Tips for writing can be found here: http://www.pacer.org/Parent/php/PHP-c121.pdf
2. Find your legislator here: http://maps.legis.wisconsin.gov/
3. “Like” us on Facebook.
4. Make an appointment to meet with your local legislators bring DD WI literature
5. Participate in DD WI Surveys, Polls and Petitions.
6. Encourage your US Representative to join the Bipartisan Dyslexia Caucus. Email or call! https://dyslexiacaucus-brownley.house.gov/
7. Share this information with 3 other people, ask that they get involved in this movement also!
8. Join a variety of district committees, talk to other parents at local events, talk about dyslexia with educators. Become a resource for others!
9. Sharing is caring! Share our posts on social media! Tag folks on Twitter! Knowledge is power.
10. Ask your school to participate in Dyslexia awareness Month activities in October!
DDWI One pager Decoding-Dyslexia-one-page-of-resources-for-events
- To request information allowing 2 weeks lead time prior to event!
- IDA Fact sheets https://dyslexiaida.org/dyslexia-assessment-what-is-it-and-how-can-it-help/
- IDA Dyslexia Basics en Espanol https://app.box.com/s/zflmi0e4a6xjt7tey3i9pw8nrmezftaw
- IDA Evaluating Professionals Espanol https://app.box.com/s/ibbvvmiks7m6mjc69a91wwu836c47f2v
- Decoding Dyslexia one page of resources for events
- Host an Informal Coffee Chat!
- RAISE DYSLEXIA AWARENESS BY CREATING DYSLEXIA DISPLAYS @ YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY!
- Partner in Literacy Letter: Oct 2019 DDWI
- DYSLEXIA AWARENESS MONTH BOOKLIST 2019 PDF
- FREE TEMPLATES FOR DYSLEXIA DISPLAYS https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Dyslexia-Awareness-Month-Display-Editable-for-Bulletin-Boards-and-Presentations-3407495 photo
Host a discussion at your library!
Host an Event with a dozen of your favorite teachers!
Host a Movie or webinar about Literacy in your community Movies about Literacy
Watch a video such as this for an informative discussion.
You will find an abundance of information in the following presentation from the recently retired former headmaster of Marburn Academy.
“Genius is the ability to put into effect what is on your mind”
F Scott Fitzgerald Author, Screenwriter, US Army soldier, and dyslexic.